WAVE Apartment / Slab Ventilation for Moisture Control
WAVE Moisture Control Apartment / Slab Unit
WAVE Reduces Moisture & Improves Air Quality
- BIOLOGICAL GROWTH Moisture fosters proliferation of mold, dust mites, bug infestation
- AIR POLLUTANTS Radon, Combustion Gases, Carbon Monoxide, VOCs
- STRUCTURAL DAMAGE Moisture can lead to wood rot and damage pipes and windows
- HEALTH ISSUES Moist, polluted air can lead to respiratory ailments, asthma, and other health conditions
How It Works
The WAVE Advantage
For apartments and slab homes, controlling and reducing moisture is usually a task left to bathroom and kitchen fans, or ineffective moisture absorbing products. These methods are neither efficient nor reliable ways deal with moisture and poor indoor air quality.
Department of Energy Testing
Extensive testing conducted by the Department of Energy monitored 12 identical homes to compare crawl spaces with foundation wall vents to closed crawl spaces without foundation vents that utilized mechanical ventilation.
Here are the general findings:
- Foundation vents add excess moisture during hot humid weather, promoting conditions conducive to mold growth.
- Vapor barriers by themselves do not keep the crawl space dry enough.
- Closed crawl spaces with mechanical ventilation stay dry all year round.
Dimensions:Height 23” x 9.5”wide x 5.5”deep
Airflow: 30cfm(low) – 125cfm(high)
Capacity: 2000 sq. ft.
Description Ideal for slab, condo apartments, trailer homes, sunrooms. Computerized sensors constantly evaluate living conditions and adjust ventilation accordingly.